Pages

Search This Blog

Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle.

Sunday 27 September 2020

Mourning Summer 2020


 

Summer 2020, where do we even start? This is one for the books. 

I've got my seasonal cold, which can only mean one thing, Summer is over and Autumn is here. Every season without fail I get a cold, even from Spring to Summer you can always catch me with tissues and cold & flu tablets in my bag. 

While laying in bed struggling to breathe through my nose, I feel reflective. Autumn always makes me feel that way though, it must be seeing everything change around me, the leaves starting to brown and the darker nights, makes me feel as though I've got to reflect on the past few months before I can start to move on with my life. 

2020 was supposed to be 'the' year, like I'm sure it was for many of you reading. This summer especially, was supposed to be something special. I had a lot of plans, It was my 21st in June, quite an important one, but I spent it inside, with just my close family and boyfriend. Not that I'm complaining about that though because in retrospect it saved me money that I would have probably spent on a night out. I was due to have a busy few months over summer, with This Is Tomorrow, tickets to see Queen with Adam Lambert (I know, I'm gutted) and a weekend away in London, The Killers, plans to go away on holiday with my boyfriend (sort of a last minute, cheap but cheerful plan) and more that would have popped up along the way as often summer plans do. 

While Summer was cancelled I still got a little glimpse of what I love about the season. Hot summer days, BBQ's, beach walks, tan lines, ice cream and the smell of SPF.  

It wouldn't be a balanced reflection if I didn't also mention all the experiences and memories I gained this summer. While I spent months apart from my boyfriend which isn't something that I'm sure most couples would opt to do in the first year of the relationship, we obviously had no choice as we don't live together. While this was a major struggle at times, for the most part we were okay, and I'd even go as far as to say we worked well with what we were given, and I'm so glad I had him to rant and cry to when I found isolation getting on top of me. I'm honestly quite proud of us for being strong and trying to make the best out of a horrible situation! 

As soon as we were able to see each other we did, we went on a lot of beach walks and more recently went away for the week in a caravan, which was exactly the quintessential British holiday that I needed. I want to write up a separate post all about it soon, so I won't say too much other than it was gorgeous and you can see A LOTTT of snaps of the week over on my Instagram

Being alone for an extended period of time taught me a lot about myself, most importantly how much I love and need people around me. Friendship and creating memories is what I love the most about summer, and what I've missed this year so much, I will literally never take it for granted again! 

Here's to summer 2021, lets hope we can at least have a good boogie at a festival. 


Megan x


2 comments:

  1. Human beings are social and lock down is tough. You have a very upbeat positivity that's great. Caravan holidays are the best. Great post.

    ReplyDelete