Pages

Search This Blog

Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle.

Sunday 25 October 2020

Struggling To Keep Up Blogging Because I Hate Rejection

 Blogging is a hobby that I keep falling in and out of love with. The past week I've been dying to log onto blogger and get typing, but sometimes I feel like I really could just delete my blog and never look back, change my name on all my platforms and pretend something I've been doing since I was 13 just never existed. 

I think a lot of what I struggle with about blogging is being pigeonholed into one category and then being stuck, when in reality everyone who blogs is more complex than just 'a beauty and fashion blogger'. I really fear rejection, in everything I do in life and it's definitely a reason why I find blogging so difficult. It's almost like I don't want to put myself in a particular group to then be rejected from it because I don't stick to that topic 24/7. Now, I do realise that a lot of bloggers aren't just blogging about one thing nowadays but I do feel like i'm still stuck in that really old blogger mindset.

I am also struggling to grapple with trying to stay relevant because truth be told, I don't really care about being 'relevant' but to be successful in blogging you need to be relevant, right? Honestly I just love writing, blogging about anything I want to and living a care free existence. Without worrying about what is trending on TikTok and how I can convert that into more content over different platforms. I almost feel like I've missed my opportunity to make anything out of my blog and that's why I've been backing off a little. 

In a blogosphere where the market is saturated with so many different types of blogger and influencers it's hard not to feel rejected by the community and struggle to find your place within it. On top of all these feelings about blogging, it's no secret that I have a very rocky relationship with my mental health, and sometimes keeping up a blog is impossible while simultaneously trying to keep your mind from falling apart. 

Surely I can't be the only blogger feeling this way though?! 


Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment