Pages

Search This Blog

Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle.

Thursday 19 March 2020

Trying To Curate My Capsule Wardrobe




I've recently realised that I have no clothes, and not in the way of literally having zero, but I mean I have actual pieces of clothing but often find myself wearing the same outfits because I have nothing to put with statement pieces. That's when I realised I needed to invest in a capsule wardrobe.

"Capsule wardrobe is a term coined by Susie Faux, the owner of a London boutique called Wardrobe in the 1970s. According to Faux, a capsule wardrobe is a collection of a few essential items of clothing that don't go out of fashion, such as skirts, trousers, and coats, which can then be augmented with seasonal pieces."

What I Want To Include In My Capsule Wardrobe:
  • Full Length White and Black T-shirt
  • Cropped White and Black T-shirt
  • High Wasted Black Jeans
  • High Wasted Blue Jeans
  • Mom/Straight Leg Jeans
  • Black Leather Jacket
  • White Trainers 
  • Black Boots 
  • Dress Pants
  • Waterproof Jacket/Rain Jacket
  • Denim Skirt
  • Blazer
  • Practical Bag (backpack)
I think a good capsule wardrobe should really differ from person to person, for instance not everyone would say a rain jacket is as an essential item however, to me it seems like something I'm really missing and require more times than not. As a rule of thumb capsule wardrobes are normally monochromatic as that tends to fit with every season and other pieces you might pair them with. When we look at celebs and influencers we are quick to buy whatever statement piece they are rocking but fail to look behind the flashy stuff at what really makes the outfit. I have fallen into this trap hard, and now have a wardrobe full with mismatched stuff, having a good quality white top or black jeans that fit me good will honestly change my whole wardrobe and how I put together an outfit.


Megan x







No comments:

Post a Comment