Pages

Search This Blog

Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle.

Monday 9 November 2020

I Found The Perfect Leather Pants And This Is How I Style Them (Size 16)




I've been on the hunt for leather pants for what seems like forever. I find leather a really hard fabric to make look good on my body and for that reason it took me a while to come around to the idea of getting some leather pants, but each time I was pulling out an oversized tee from my wardrobe I was thinking "Ugh, leather pants would look good with this, why don't I have any?".

After trying on many different shapes and styles of leather pants I settled on the idea that a leggings style pant would be best for my body shape, plus since I was wanting to style the pants with oversized t-shirts I may as well be as comfy as possible! I had first tried on New Look's Leather Style Biker Leggings at the start of the year, but sadly for me I am a very small human so there was just too much leg to roll up for the pants to really give off a slick vibe that leather pants normally do. Fast forward 6 months and a global pandemic, I realised that they came in Petite! This filled my heart with joy, maybe after all I'm not too small to pull them off. 

I placed an order for them ASAP and I was buzzing when they arrived and fit really well! I still have to roll them up a one fold, but I roll them inwards instead of outwards which doesn't leave the inside fabric poking out at the bottom of my leg, doing it that way means you can't even tell that I've rolled them up. The leggings are super comfy and have a thick lining inside of them which makes them a perfect staple in your Winter wardrobe. My favourite part has to be the 'biker' look of them, having the ribbed knees and the zips really do just add a little something and I'd even go as far to say they don't look like New Look at all, they look WAY more expensive than £22.99.

How To Style

I think the most flattering way to style leather pants on any body type is by pairing them with an oversized t-shirt or jumper. This sort of look gives a real 'model off duty' look without trying too hard at all, plus why not opt to be comfortable whenever you can while still looking trendy. I've also got to admit I do love an all black fit when styling leather, I just can't help myself when it comes to all black, leather pants were *literally* made for a gothic moment. 

To contrast the all back look, I use softer items like cute graphic t-shirts that are neutral in colour, this way you can tone down the leather pants and make them seem a lot less in your face which is a good way to style them if you don't feel as confident with a darker more gothic look. 

Some great bloggers and Instagrammers to look to for inspiration are @sammimaria, @idressmyselff, @gracesurguy and @helenanderz


Shop My Looks

*Aff Links

Are you hopping on the leather pants trend this A/W? Let me know in the comments how you'd style them.

Megan x

4 comments:

  1. I picked up a lovely leather skirt a few years ago. Leather has such a cooling and relaxing feel, so I love the looks of these pants. An over-sized jumper is a great way to style them too.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a leather skirt, so many styling options!

      Delete
  2. These are so much fun! I don't currently have a pair of leather pants, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't intrigued and didn't want to add one to my wardrobe. It's like my teens and early 20s all over again. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I think everyone should own a pair, such a good statement piece! Thanks for commenting <3

      Delete