Pages

Search This Blog

Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle.

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask First Impression



For my 21st Birthday in June I asked for the Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Mask because I've heard so many good things, and for £40 it's not exactly something I'd just pick up when out shopping. Luckily for me, I've been given the gift early and so on this rainy morning I'm indulging myself in a little bit of skin care.

My normal skincare routine is bland and boring to say the least, I use cleanser moisturiser and the occasional exfoliating mask when I start to break out, but that's the end of it. I've been watching quite a bit of Estee Lalonde during lockdown and her skincare routine is gorge! I saw her using the new CT serum, but I don't feel like serum is right for my skin at the moment so I thought I'd browse the page to see if any other skincare took my fancy, and the clay mask sure did.

I've used clay masks before but they've all been from Lush, sure they're nice but I've never paid over £12 for one, so I thought this guy must be special.



Right off the bat, the product feels luxurious! The packaging is gorgeous and is very much down my street, after gazing at the packaging for a while I opened the product and oh my god the smell is lush, if I were to compare it to anything it would be the sort of smell that your grandmas dressing room has (if that makes sense). A little bit powdery with a hint of some sort of scent that you can't describe but you instantly recognise.

The clay is white/grey but more on the white side, and feels almost silky, I'm not quite sure how they managed that but maybe that's what higher end clay feels like?? I apply it by putting it onto the back of my hand and then using my fingers smear it across my face, like advised on the back of the product I only use a light amount and keep it on for just over 10 mins, I used a face cloth and warm water to take the mask off, and I can hands down say it was the easiest face mask to take off, no hassle it just glided off my face smoothly and I could instantly feel my skin was softer. After using the warm water to take the mask off I splashed a bit of cold water on my face, this just closes up your pores making them tighter which helps your skin to look fresh and plump.

Looking at my skin after taking the mask off, my skin looked fresher and brighter and was smoother to the touch. This mask will be getting added into my skincare routine to be used once a week. It's a really versatile mask that you can use to pamper yourself on a night of self care or a quick easy step after coming in from work. Id really recommend this product, It's rare that I love skincare on the first use but this is an exception.

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment